Friday, September 23, 2005

I wandered lonely as a cloud.



Morning all. I am far too confused to put up a lucid post right now, so this one is on a lighter topic than Hurricane Rita or the Christian Right.

Was at a Fine Gael Party...party last night, which was fun until they booted us out after an hour and a half when the booze ran out. So we did what any loyal Blueshirt would do; we stormed the Irregular positions!!
FF were down in the Astra Hall here in UCD so a few of us sort of gatecrashed and drank all their whiskey. 3 free doubles, was quite nice.
I won't be "arising to follow Charlie" any time soon, but cheers all the same lads.

Anyway, woke up on campus, which is handy seeing as it narrowed my commute from 1 hour to 5 minutes.

Jesus..what is this post about again?

Oh yeah! Clouds!

Now, there are a few of you out there that I have already pestered to death on this topic, so you might be gritting your teeth right now...but sure you may as well stay for the craic anyway (I think that was the FF attitude last night).

I was online about a month and a bit ago and, for reasons that escape me, I came across this picture of a cloud on Lake Superior in North America.



Isn't that just the most impressive cloud you've ever seen!?
That teeny tiny thing on the horizon? That's a cargo ship! THAT'S how big that cloud is!

Well...I was very impressed. And he was named Fluffy. I don't quite recall why but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Anyway, time passed and Fluffy disappeared from the memories of all but..well all but me. So imagine my delight when I got sent a picture of another interesting cloud!
Actually, please don't try. It would be too depressing.


This is Fluffina.

Isn't she pretty?

Imagine looking up from your house at sunset and seeing that beauty floating there..


Anyway a big thank you to Poppy for sending me the link. And seeing as I pissed her off big time with Fluffy, I am very suprised that she did at all!

Now, onto my plea for the day.

If you have any interesting cloud pictures and would like to share them, let me know and I'll start archiving them.
I don't want clouds the shapes of bunny rabbits of rubbish like that. Just impressive or beautiful clouds like the two above.

Yeah it may be sad.....but....it's sort of endearingly sad I think!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

on campus?! in a lake/skip/bush?

2:37 AM  
Blogger FJR said...

Hahaha! No, on a sofa!

2:45 AM  
Blogger TheDevilIsInTheDetails said...

Be prepared for the next hurricane katrina line time or find another one that's similar. As the Boy Scouts say: "Be Prepared"!

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home