Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Jon Stewart, god of humour


Excuse my sycophantic enthusiasm.

Jon Stewart is a legend. Either the funniest smart man on television or the smartest funny man on television.

www.dailyshow.com. He has to be seen to be believed.

The Daily Show is the best thing on television, anywhere! Unfortunately I am reduced to watching clips of it online from Comedy Central but there you go.
I can't recommend the programme enough. Anyone with CNN International can watch it on Sunday nights. If yo uhave Comedy Central, I am more jealous of you than you know.

Seriously, I have learnt more about American politics from this show than from any other single source.

Watch it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Colm said...

Truly funny people don't go on Oprah. He did. With his family.

8:27 AM  
Blogger FJR said...

Tom Cruise went on Oprah and...

...well he's nuts...em..

No, I think comedians are as eligible to go on Oprah as anyone else? What are you basing that on?

8:35 AM  
Blogger Colm said...

If an Oprah audience finds a comedian funny, he instantly becomes unfunny.

9:31 AM  
Blogger FJR said...

Bit of an awful interview, but I guess Oprah is something US celebrities have to do.

http://www2.oprah.com/video/200504/oats/oats_20050418.jhtml

Cameron Diaz was a little out of her depth, methinks.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home