Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Immignorant


Now to start off...I have to go through the whole rigamarole of saying that I'm glad that people are coming to work in Ireland form abroad. Especially those from Eastern Europe, some of whom I've worked with. Lithuanians make speed demon bus drivers by the way...

But I have one minor quibble.

Zebra crossings aren't just street paintings.

They're there for a reason.

And It's be just groovy if you didn't try to knock me down the next time I tried to cross.

At the moment I have to peer out like a nervous turtle to see if any foreign reg cars are bearing down on me before attempting to get to the other side. Only when I see "IRL" in blue by the registration do I stick my foot out in full safety. And even then it's always a bit of a hit or miss (not literally hopefully!) seeing as Irish people have an incredible knack for plowing into each other too.

So anyway, cead mile failte to you all. And please stop trying to run me over.

3 Comments:

Blogger JL Pagano said...

Hold the phone - are you actually suggesting the Irish are generally good drivers? And this in a country where you can fail your test and be allowed drive home?

It ain't just the Eastern Europeans who you have to look out for, my friend.

I'm not being PC either. We're no Italians, but we are in general very poor with the rules of the road.

6:55 AM  
Blogger FJR said...

"Irish people have an incredible knack for plowing into each other too"

2:12 AM  
Blogger EWI said...

In fairness, s/he's right. Dublin City centre is a death-trap from Nigerians speeding through the red lights.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home